Manama, July 12 (BNA): His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, today chaired the weekly Cabinet Meeting.
The Cabinet began by extending Eid al-Adha wishes to HM King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and His Royal Highness, before recognising the pivotal role journalism plays in society and congratulated the recipients of the Prime Minister’s Journalism Award.
The Cabinet then reviewed Bahrain’s vaccination progress, including the vaccination of Bahrainis residing abroad, as well as reviewing the progress of the committee’s assessment of 111 legislative pieces, 7 of which were amended in accordance with His Royal Highness’s directives to the committee to ensure legislation supports development.
The following memorandums were approved:
- A memorandum by the Government Executive Committee concerning the formulation of legislation that strengthens the rule of law, safeguards rights and supports development.
- A memorandum by the Government Executive Committee concerning the National Labour Market Plan 2021-2023 to promote private sector engagement through labour market regulations.
- A memorandum of understanding by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs on the framework for academic cooperation between the University of Bahrain and the King Sejong Institute in the Republic of Korea regarding Korean language programmes for students.
- A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance concerning initiatives that promote the aviation sector as a driver for economic growth.
- A joint memorandum between HE the Minister of Finance and National Economy, and HE the Minister of Industry, Commerce and Tourism concerning the decision of the GCC Standing Committee for Combating Harmful Practices in International Trade to impose antidumping fees on a number of GCC imports.
- A memorandum by HE the Minister of Industry, Commerce and Tourism concerning technical cooperation programmes between the Ministry and the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization to ensure trade products meet custom requirements.
- A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs concerning the Government’s response to a regulatory proposal presented by the Council of Representatives.
The Cabinet then reviewed the following topic:
- The Ministerial Committee for Economic and Financial Affairs and Fiscal Balance’s memorandum on its work during H1 2021, including initiatives undertaken to optimise public spending in support of economic growth.